Friday, August 2, 2013

One down, eleven to go

Distance covered today: 4.83km, distance covered this week: 12.09km.

Start time: 6.20am.

Current temperature (forgot to check this morning, too early): 40C



Today's inspirational running song: Wandering Star, by Lee Marvin

As you can probably tell from today's orange picture, I'm running low on orange things to photograph, so I'm making do with a spray bottle of Mr Muscle. Any donations or suggestions for the orange cause gratefully received. For the uninitiated, I am photographing orange things to highlight Myeloma UK because him indoors and I are running a half marathon in aid of the charity on October 18th. In the mean-time, here's a retro Mr Muscle advert as the bloke in it is of similar levels of athletic prowess to myself.

This week was the first week of our 12-week training plan, so the half marathon is 11 weeks away today. I have done extensive research on training for a half marathon (I went to Google and typed in "half marathon training programme") and discovered the best way to do it is start with shorter distances and gradually build them up. So far, so easy. Until, that is, we start having to run more than 10km, which is the furthest we have ever run. That point comes exactly four weeks from today. I expect you will be able to hear the anguished cries from back in the UK.

In the mean-time, here is the link if you would be so kind as to sponsor us for our run. Just think about it for a second. We, that is us, a reformed exercisephobe and someone who travels everywhere with an emergency bottle of booze, are doing a half marathon. If that doesn't deserve sponsorship, I don't know what does.  



No comments:

Post a Comment